To access the Nat Geo TV live streams and select on-demand content, you will need to sign in to your TV provider account* before you are able to stream.
Please keep in mind that your participating TV provider package may only allow you to access Nat Geo Channel content. To access all channel titles, including Nat Geo WILD, you must have them listed in your TV package. To confirm what channels you have access to, reach out to your TV provider.
If you have a question about signing into your current TV provider, select the scenario below that best applies for more details:
- Who are the participating TV providers?
- How do I sign in to my TV provider?
- I’m unable to sign in to my current TV provider
- I forgot my TV provider username or password
- My TV provider and Internet provider aren't the same
*Nat Geo TV does not access your username, password, email address, or any other information about your participating TV provider account.
Who are the participating TV providers?
Check out our full list of participating TV providers.
Find participating TV providers available in your area and link your TV provider account. Visit NatGeoTV.com or the Nat Geo TV app and select any episode with the lock symbol or in the Live TV section.
Don’t see your TV provider listed? We are working hard to continually add new cable, satellite, and other TV providers. If you don’t have an account with a participating TV provider, you can still watch select unlocked episodes on Nat Geo TV without signing in.
How do I sign in to my TV provider?
To sign in to your TV provider, follow the steps below:
- Launch the Nat Geo TV app or NatGeoTV.com and go to Account
- Select Link TV Provider
- If you’re using the Nat Geo TV app on your mobile device, select Sign in to my TV Provider
- If you’re using the Nat Geo TV app on your TV-connected device, select TV Provider, then select Sign In
- Select your TV provider* from the list and sign in
- Once you have successfully signed in, your Account menu will display the name of your TV provider
Tapping on a locked episode or the “Live TV” feed will also prompt you to connect your TV provider.
In most cases, you will not need to re-enter your TV provider username and password after the first time you sign in. However, some TV providers may require you to sign in to your account again after a predetermined time period. Check out your TV provider’s website for more information.
*If your TV provider is not listed, you can contact them and ask them to carry Nat Geo TV.
Note: If you are having trouble signing in to your TV provider account on Roku, please try these troubleshooting steps. Similarly, if you are having trouble signing in to your TV provider account on Amazon Fire TV/Fire Stick, please try these troubleshooting steps.
I’m unable to sign in to my new TV provider
If you have a new TV provider and attempt to sign in from the Nat Geo TV app, the sign in option defaults to your former TV provider. You can resolve this issue by signing out of your former TV provider from the TV provider settings on your device:
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down and select TV Provider in the left column
- In the TV Provider section, scroll down and select Sign Out
- Select Sign Out again to confirm
- You can now sign in to your current TV provider
If you don’t see your device listed, please use these steps to sign out of your TV provider and try again.
I forgot my TV provider username or password
You can retrieve your account information or register for an account directly through your TV provider's Help Center or support team. You may also be able to register for a new user ID from your TV provider on their website.
For additional help with your TV provider account, please contact your TV provider.
My TV provider and internet provider aren't the same
If your TV provider is different from your internet provider, please use your TV provider username and password, instead of your internet provider.